KIDS, CARS & CLIMATE
Opening the world to our kids
As parents, educators and caregivers, we all want what's best for our kids. Kids should be safe and healthy, and feel excited about the world they are growing up in.
Kids, Cars and Climate: Opening the world to our kids is a short explanatory guide on the things we can do that will have the biggest impact to protect our kids now and in the future.
To protect our kids, we must change our streets.
By contacting our local representatives and asking them to make our streets safe for everyone – including young people, women and disabled people – we can build more vibrant neighbourhoods and healthier communities while protecting our kids and the climate that supports us all.
Kids, Cars and Climate is available in either a digital or printable PDF format, and can be freely shared, reproduced or printed for distribution within your local school, community, or parental group.
To stay up to date with this campaign, sign up to our mailing list here.
Help make our streets safe
There are a few easy things which you can do to help open up our streets to everyone, including children.
• Talk to your kids about what they would like to see on their streets, and what challenges they face when moving about their neighbourhood;
• Connect with other parents, teachers or caregivers to share ideas and concerns;
• E-mail or contact your local representatives (Councillor, Local Board member, MP) about how you can open up your streets to children by providing for everybody’s needs;
• Ask your school’s Board of Trustees to work with your local council and make a plan to protect children near their school;
• Connect with community groups who work to make our public spaces more child-friendly and accessible to everyone.
• Download and distribute either the digital or print copies of Kids, Cars & Climate, or consider speaking to your local school or community group.
Download the digital version here.
Download the printable version here.